In Hindu mythology, the Gomed stone, also called Hessonite Gemstone, is one of the nine valuable jewels (Navratna). The malefic planet Rahu is believed to rule this mystical stone. Since Hessonite appeases Rahu, it has tremendous religious significance.
The color of Gomed Stone varies from honey to deep brown to reddish brown. The Gomed is a gemstone composed of aluminum silicate and is among the Nava Ratna in Vedic Jyotish. The hue of the gomed stone sets off the unpredictable nature of Aquarius Horoscope people and they are able to achieve favorable results in the personal and professional matters by wearing this stone.
Gomed Stone Significance
There are a wide range of countries in the world where Gomed stones can be found, including India, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Australia, Tanzania, South Africa, Burma, Mexico, Russia, Italy, Kenya, Canada, and the United States of America.
There are four Indian states that contain Gomed stone hessonite, namely Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, and Bihar. Gemstones such as Gomed are primarily sourced from Gaya in Bihar.
In addition to being a type of Grossular Garnet, Gomed stone has a high iron and manganese content. In comparison to other varieties of garnet, gomed stone is less dense and harder.
Hessonite's pure, transparent color, brilliance, luster, and consistency counter Rahu's negative effects. When Rahu is correctly positioned, it produces favorable results throughout its major and sub periods, dispels fear, fosters mental clarity, and helps one develop spiritually.
Hessonite (Gomed) Stone Price
There are numerous factors that keep the ability to affect the gomed stone price, including the quality of the stone and the current market conditions. The prices of original gomed stones are typically within the range of $2 to $100 per carat. Price may increase drastically if the stone excels in clarity and color.
However, compared to other precious stones, such as diamonds, Gomed stones are still relatively affordable. It is essential to do your research and shop around for the best price when buying a Gomed stone.
Who Can Wear Hessonite (Gomed) Stone?
In Indian or Vedic astrology, astrologers recommend Gomed gemstone for the Aquarius zodiac sign if you wish to achieve perfect health. Gemini sun signs are also recommended by Western astrology to wear a Hessonite birthstone.
It is also believed that ascendants of Libra and Taurus are able to wear this remarkable gemstone. It is recommended that you consult an expert astrologerto know which finger Hessonite or Gomed ring is most suitable for you to get the maximum benefit.
However, you should wear it in silver metal between the hours of 5 - 7 a.m. on Saturday. It is also recommended that the carat weight of the Gomed ratna be 1/10th of the body weight. For example, a person weighing 70 Kgs can wear a 7-carat Gomed stone.
Gomed Stone Benefits
Astrological Benefits Of Wearing Hessonite Stone
- Gomed has a uniform honey color which neutralizes the evil effects of the Vedic planet Rahu and protects the wearer from all negative energies that can harm them.
- A Gomed wearer is immune to black magic, always ahead of his/her enemies, and wins all competitions.
- The Hessonite symbolizes the five fruits of life: Meditation (Dhyana), Financial Prosperity (Artha), Righteous Living (Dharma), Pleasures of the Body (Kama), and Salvation/Nirvana (Moksha).
- It increases concentration, focus, and helps achieve goals by giving clear directions. The information is therefore quite useful to students and researchers.
- In addition to providing professional development opportunities, Hessonite can also enhance one's social and financial status.
- Couples who wish to bring peace, harmony, and happiness to their marital life are advised to wear a Hessonite stone to boost their love.
Health Benefits of Wearing Hessonite (Gomed) Stone
- It improves the health of the wearer by preventing illnesses such as epilepsy, allergies, infection of the eye and sinuses, hemorrhoids, and palpitations of the heart by treating ailments like these.
- There are a variety of diseases that can be treated with gomed stone, such as cancer, varicose veins, boils, leprosy, digestive issues, fatigue, high blood pressure, and fatigue.
- There are several other benefits associated with Gomedhikam stone as well. In addition to helping to improve mental health, it can also help to improve the digestive system and respiratory system.
When, Where, How and What Type of Gomed Should Be Worn?
It is recommended that the wearer wears a Hessonite stone (Gomed stone) weighing at least 7 carats on their wrist. It is more beneficial to use a stone between 9 and 12 carats.
It is recommended to wear the stone on the right hand in the middle finger or as directed by an expert astrologer. Ideally, it should be embedded in a silver ring or pendant.
Saturday morning is the best time to wear the stone. In order to energize the stone, the wearer should dip the ring or pendant in ganga jal or unboiled milk and chant the mantra 'Aum Rahave Namah' 108 times.
Wearing Hessonite or Gomed stone should only be done on the recommendation of a professional astrologer. As a result, the stone is associated with and represented by the naturally malefic planet, Rahu. It is therefore recommended that you do not wear the stone without first consulting an expert astrologist and judging its suitability.