When it comes to enticing gemstones, the Opal stone deserves to be mentioned. On the other hand, Opal has gained popularity due to its mesmerising grandeur and lovely effect. Opals and diamonds are powerful for the Venus Planet or ShukraGraha.
What is opal?
Opal is a milky white stone that is incredibly appealing. Because of its beauty and 'play of colour' (fire) look. Opal has become quite popular and sought. Opal is praised for its unrivalled beauty and astrological significance. According to Western astrology, the opal is the birthstone for the month of October.
Opal loose gemstone is one of the most captivating and bewitching gemstones in the world. It is a hydrated amorphous form of silica, which makes it both delicate and hard at the same time. From October to March is the best time to purchase this beautiful loose gemstone, as it is then that you can get the best deals on opals. With a little bit of research and care, it is easy to select an opal that will make your jewellery look positively exquisite.
Colours of opal
Precious opals are distinguished by two primary colours: their background colour and their colour play. Impurities in the silica are responsible for the background colour. There are numerous kinds of opal within the precious opal family. Each has its own distinct colour scheme and personality attributes. Opals come in a variety of colours, including orange, yellow, red, green, blue, and purple. Though black opals can come in various dark shades, they are regarded as one of the rarest gemstones.
The other colours result from the way silica combines. Silica is made up of a swarm of microscopic spheres that stick together. When they fuse, microscopic holes between them are produced, allowing light to diffract. Diffraction produces a vast array of shapes and colour combinations.
Where is Opal found?
Opal is found all over the world (Brazil, Mexico, Honduras, and the western United States), but Australia produces 95% of the world's precious Australian Opal and is the official national gemstone of Australia.
What is opalescence?
Opalescence is the optical phenomenon produced by the mineraloid gemstone opal (hydrated silicon dioxide. Because there are three distinct forms of opal (precious, common, and fire), each with unique optical properties, the intended meaning differs depending on context.
Precious opal stone
The broad meaning of opalescent is a milky iridescence produced by an opal, which accurately captures the visual impression of a valuable opal, and opalescence is sometimes used as a synonym for iridescence in lay language.
Common opal, on the other hand, does not have iridescence and instead has a hazy sheen of light from within the stone, which gemologists call opalescence. Opal's milky sheen is a type of adularescence.
Fire Opal is a translucent gemstone with a vibrant yellow-orange-red colour and iridescence that is rarely seen.
Benefits of Wearing Opal gemstone
We've discussed the beauty of opal as well as opal folklore. The exquisiteness of opal has enchanted us. If you're a fan of this stone, take a look at the astrological aspects and benefits of Opal gemstone that it bestows on the wearer.
- Opal is the most popular astrological gemstone for Venus (Shukra).
- Healthy relationships, increased creative potential, more luxury, and personal refinement are all benefits of wearing Opal gemstone.
- Venus also represents the general health and well-being of women. Opal is worn to promote love, harmony, and mutual understanding between a couple, as well as to resolve marital problems.
- Opal is used not only to improve one's financial situation, but also to maintain one's social status and luxurious lifestyle.
- Because it is associated with the planet of creativity and innovation, Opal is thought to be extremely beneficial for people who are experiencing creative blocks, a lack of inspiration, and life insecurities.
- Astrologers believe that the benefits of wearing Opal, especially white opal enhances artistic expression and aligns creative energies for better results.
How To Wear Opal gemstone
You would now be required to know how to wear Opal in the correct manner to yield maximum benefits out of it :
Opal finger rings/pendants made of silver, platinum, gold/white gold, or Panchdhatu can be made to wear.
The minimum weight of an opal stone should be your body weight divided by ten, e.g. 60 kg body weight implies at least a 6 carat stone, but the larger the stone size, the better and faster it will begin to show effects.
On Friday morning of Shukla Paksha (waxing moon), wear an opal gemstone in the middle or ring finger of your right hand.
Puja process to wear Opal gemstone:
- Before wearing an Opal gemstone, soak it for 10 minutes in a bowl with one spoon of Curd, Honey, Gangajal, Tulsi leaves, and Ghee. It will activate, cleanse, and remove all impurities from your Opal.
- Take the ring out of the mixture after your regular prayers and wash it with pure Gangajal.
- It is time to recite the mantra 'Om Shum ShukrayaNamah' 108 times.
Opal is a gemstone that symbolises beauty, charm, elegance, and greatness. It aids the wearer in living a luxurious lifestyle. Furthermore, it represents the user's satiety power. That is, it contributes to the wearer's financial well-being. People who work in the import-export and travel-tourism industries can benefit from Opal. However, before wearing a gemstone, you must consult a professional.